Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Carb Parts & Service for MOKI?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 12:03 PM
Cheech
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb Parts & Service for MOKI?

Where do I go for parts & service on my MOKI? The phone number to Gerard Enterprises where this engine came from is now no good. I do not think they are the importer anymore.

On my engine I have a very small retaining screw in the barrel of the low speed needle assembly that has come out. It goes down inside this sleeve somehow and locks the knurled ring to the needle that is inside the housing. Without it the knurled cap just floats up and falls off.

Anyway, does anyone know where I get parts and service for MOKI? This is on a 1.8. Hopefully the pictures illustrate the problem.

-Cheech
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70181.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	300231   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34596.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	300232   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo31749.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	300233  
Old 07-22-2005, 12:19 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Carb Parts & Service for MOKI?

This guy has Moki parts. Can't you get that set screw at a hardware store? I'm sure it's metric. Where did that screw go when it fell out?

http://www.justengines.unseen.org/
Old 07-22-2005, 12:58 PM
tonyc
My Feedback: (4)

Cheech,
I may not be understanding what you are saying but there is no set screw that goes in the hole you are showing.
I have 4 Moki, 3 of the 180 abd 1 if the 210, no set screws. Take a look of this drawing by Just Engines.

http://www.justengines.unseen.org/moki_carb.htm

I think you will just need to replace your O rings.

tonyc
Old 07-22-2005, 01:57 PM
cu. in.

I agree with tonyc. My Moki 210s don't have set screws either. Perhaps a previous owner added this. You need to replace the O-rings, and possibly fill the set screw hole with something so that there is no air or fuel leak.

Bruce
Old 07-22-2005, 02:12 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The so-called set screw hole is probably the fuel inlet for fuel to get to the inner part of the fuel disc? Best to not plug it?

Enjoy,

Jim
Old 07-22-2005, 02:19 PM
Cheech
My Feedback: (19)

Thanks tonyc.

That knurled cap looking piece is what you turn to adjust low speed mix. If that is not a set screw, HOW is the knurled cap locked to what appears to be the needle (middle pic)? Without something to lock the two together the cap spins freely. What holds it onto the carb? Not the friction of those two O-rings.

Or better yet, what professional engine place can I mail the carb to fo a fix? Anytime I fix something, I mess it up.

-Cheech
Old 07-22-2005, 02:48 PM
tonyc
My Feedback: (4)

O ring friction is all that is needed, if yours is spinning freely then the O rings are wore out.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:08 PM
Rupurt

Mine has no screw there or even a thread. Take the knurled disk out and open and close the barrel you will se why they shouldn't be locked together. the hole is there to let fuel pass from the needle valve to the jet if you put a screw there your engine probably wont run.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:46 PM
cu. in.

Cheech,

I was thinking that there were two holes in your knurled aluminum cap, one drilled and tapped by somebody, and one factory drilled hole for fuel flow. There should be only one plain drilled hole (no threads), and that one is for the fuel to pass from the carburetor fuel inlet fitting (a banjo fitting), through the knurled cap, then through the metering slot in the carb barrel, and into the fuel spray bar in the center of the barrel. It is hard to tell from your picture whether this hole is tapped.

If there is one hole and it is tapped for a set screw, then somebody really messed things up here. In that case, I would recommend purchasing a new knurled cap in addition to the O-rings.

Bruce
Old 05-15-2010, 10:44 PM
corkymann1
My Feedback: (2)

Where can I get these O rings and or what size are they? I tried some standard o rings and can't find any that fit.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:30 PM
hammer 50
My Feedback: (17)

Go to HOME DEPOT -ACE HARDWARE or LOWES and buy some #83 o rings usually in a pack of 10 for about $3. Use some vaseline or something very slippery when you put the mixture dial in place. It is easier to get in with the throttle barrel removed. These are a very snug fit and will not move when set. These o rings are slightly smaller in diameter but thicker. When stretched over the dial they work very well. Been using these for a couple of years now in 4 engines haven't had to replace any. Never could get Moki parts always on order.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:33 AM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

the o-ring is a regular replacement item. the engine will not run well with a worn o ring.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:45 AM
Stuntpilot51

Hobby People has started to carry the Moki parts, now called Mark.

Scroll down for the parts, idle adjust o-ring. It's the same as the 210 carb, Part # 214576 $7.00

http://www.hobbypeople.net/guru/hps_321175803.asp