Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

C.S. Engines?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default C.S. Engines?

Does anynoe have any knowledge on these engines? I saw their booth at the Toledo show but I'm unable to find any info on them. They are not O.S. but their engines and logo look like O.S.'s . As far as I can tell, they are Chinese/Asian made.
Ohio Model Products was the booth next door to them so I thought that they may have been there together but I found nothing on their site either.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:14 PM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: C.S. Engines?

Ron ARE YOU SURE THATS NOT sc engines not cs the sc line is sold in the UK and now may be here yese they are from china and OS clones in 2 strk and pretty decent I have one of their 4 strks indentical to magnum here martin
Old 08-26-2005, 06:26 PM
Ron Olson

Yes, I'm very sure. I found the one page flyer that I picked up in Toledo after I first posted. The front side shows some of the engines and their building in the background. The complete name is C S Precision Machinery Ltd.. They do some reproduction engines like the Eeezil (that's the way that they spelled it), Oliver Tiger, Elfin's, McCoy, E.D. Hunter, Cub Tiger and some others.
I did a lot of searching on the internet without much luck.

If you have a link for C.S. I'd aprreciate it so that I could do a comparison. Sometimes the Asians swap the initials around but the engines clearly show a "C" above the "S" on the case sides.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:57 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

They are China Shang from Shanghai. They've been around a long time. They are not very popular in the States nor on RCU. Other than seeing them at Toledo, I havn't seen any at the fields.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:30 PM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CS engines give new meaning to the term quality, or the lack of it. These are among some of the worst motors ever made. Their reputation was such that they had shut down the plant and were going through a reorganization to try and upgrade their product line and their image. The stuff that they were making made GSM and some of the other asian Rim companies look like expensive sports cars compared to their Yugo offerings.
Dennis
Old 08-26-2005, 10:13 PM
djlyon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Their 049s were popular in freeflight many years ago. They looked like micro Rossis. I have one and never ran it. I also have an Oliver tiger repro never ran it either but both engines look clean and well made. I also have what I believe to be a proto type for an 1.5 ci RC engine made by them. They make a complete line of RC and U control engines or at least did.

Denis
Old 08-26-2005, 11:31 PM
mentorman
My Feedback: (2)

A friend gave me a CS .46, no wonder the carb was junk. But I had a perry carb for an ASP i had, and put it on the CS, it ran really well, and sold it, it was very heavy. I tried to find info, but was unable also, I should have asked here... oh well.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:01 AM
Ron Olson

Their line-up included engines for about any use and with me being a boater I noticed the .21 marine engine with a front exhaust for $80.00 that looked like a real bargain. I guess that it isn't such a deal if they have internal issues. I've already been that route with a Soviet-made engine.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:56 PM
mentorman
My Feedback: (2)

Funny, I sold the CS mounted on a fiberglass custom picklefork airboat... i miss that thing.