Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Is there a market for engine stands

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 03:37 PM
radigan-RCU
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a market for engine stands

I was wondering if there was much interest in purchasing engine stands. I am a woodworking instructor and we frequently do a mass production project and sell them. I don't know if this would be considered commercial or not though. I don't want to break the rules here. I made one for myself that has worked great and is adjustable for most any engine. This is just an idea at the time.

Your feedback would be welcome.
Old 01-13-2002, 08:47 PM
Elwood
My Feedback: (2)

There seems to be some kind of a market, since there are several models on www.towerhobbies.com. But, wood may not be the best material since it will absorb the fuel and oil. I guess a finish would be in order.
Old 01-17-2002, 09:44 PM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

I'm sure there is a market for them. Demand is probably going to be sporadic. Personally, I never did see the need for one. Most commercial units cover a rather narrow size range. They are also expensive compared to what one can improvise with a jigsaw and stick of 2x4.

It takes me literally minutes to cut a notch into a 2X4 (for small engines) or 3/4" plywood (for larger ones) and screw the engine directly onto the wood. I don't even bother with a C-clamp; I just screw the assembly straight onto my saw horse (also made of sticks of 2x4s). It ain't pretty, but it works better than most commercial test stands. I'd imagine most folks do something similar.
Old 01-18-2002, 12:24 AM
Elwood

How about a Pic of one???
Old 01-18-2002, 05:35 AM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

Sorry, I don't own a digital camera and I just gave away my scanner. If I can borrow a digital camera, I'll try to snap a quick picture.
Old 01-18-2002, 11:56 AM
Elwood

I would snap a pic, and put it in the For Sale forum. If 1 sells quick, then you should have your answer for the rest.
Old 01-18-2002, 01:33 PM
Fiddler's Gold

Default I would be very interested...

In evaluating your product, running it through its paces and publishing a review on it. A good friend of mine is a main contributing editor for RCM. I also dabble in investment opportunities where I see potential. Can you email some of the details and we can discuss how I can help you evaluate the potentials and reap all of those sales. I am just trying to help and enrich the RC plane arena, if your product is of great quality (as expected)

Well, In any case let me know.

The Fiddler.
Old 01-18-2002, 08:46 PM
mwtrull

I just received my PSP Manufacturing Engine Test Stand. For anyone looking for a quality machined product, this one is hard to beat. It can be seen at their website at:

www.pspmfg.com

Sincerely,

Michael
Old 01-18-2002, 10:49 PM
radigan-RCU
My Feedback: (5)

Default Engine Stand

Wow... all this off an idea for a project for my students! Thanks for all the input so far. I will post a pic later tonight. The milled stand is very impressive though.