Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

THC after flying!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THC after flying!

I was given a can of this stuff (see picture below) as a door prize at a local funfly recently. Couldn't figure out what it was at first, label is in Japanese, right? :stupid: After a bit I realized it was after run oil, the first time I had ever seen it in a spray can!

So I have been trying it, and so far am pretty impressed. It is now very easy to lube up my 26 Surpass, the flex tube spray extension shoots the oil right into the breather pipe and up the carb with ease. I know the oil is getting to the bearings because after a good two-second blast up the breather the oil is very aparrent at the front of the engine, and seems to hang around and drip every now and then from behind the prop (taildragger parked flat on the bench).

Has anyone else used spray oil like this? It's called THC Brand Engine Rust-proofing and Anti-corrosive Spray (according to my wife-translated label). There's 100ml in a $4.00 can. Made here in Japan, somewhere around Tokyo.

Oh, yeah, and don't inhale...
Attached Images  
Old 11-06-2002, 09:41 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes don't inhale. If you do and there is a random drug test at your place of work, you may be fired.

I don't see the practical purpose of putting after run oil in a can, unless it is a a product meant for uses other than r/c engines.
Old 11-07-2002, 01:11 AM
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Digger, I too have used a spray after-run oil, but not what you have there. I have been using Sea-Doo Watercraft Storage Oil. It can be bought at any Sea-Doo dealer here in the USA. I have seen Sea-Doo engines that didn't use any and others that did, and I'm convinced that it works as advertised! I use it in every engine I have, both 2 and 4 strokes and have not had any problems or bearing replaced yet. I'm a firm after-run oil user.
Danny
Old 11-07-2002, 03:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Digger,
What you've got there is what is commonly known as "fogging oil", great for long term storage, and probably after run oil too!
We use it when we are putting our ultralights up for the long Ohio winters. Marvel mystrey oil- which is used a lot for after run oil, also comes in a spray can.

Jetts