Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Where can I get Mark or Moki engines?

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Where can I get Mark or Moki engines?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 03:39 PM
SLJ2137694
My Feedback: (33)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I get Mark or Moki engines?

Who can I contact concerning the purchase of Mark or Moki engines? It appears that Morris Hobbies may not be carrying Mark engines anymore and I haven't seen an ad for Moki for a long time. I want to run these engines on no-nitro fuel so the Dave Patrick engines are out because I understand he has them set up for fuel with nitro. I am looking for a dealer I can depend on for service and parts support. Anyone got any suggestions?
Old 01-28-2006, 03:58 PM
FlyingPilgrim
My Feedback: (26)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Where can I get Mark or Moki engines?

www.chiefaircraft.com has the 1.80, but I don't see the 2.10 any more. I'm guessing another licensing / trade agreement with Hungary.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:36 PM
Jim Schwagle
My Feedback: (1)

Try Dave Patrick Models, www.davepatrickmodels.com

Just noticed the reference to 0 nitro & DPM, so disregard my stupidity.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:55 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

www.justengines.unseen.org
Old 01-28-2006, 08:36 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a reminder justengines cannot sell Moki engines in the US. He's in England.

Old 01-28-2006, 09:23 PM
FlyingPilgrim

What we need is one of you fellows in England to open up a black market channel for those of us in the states (for modeling only) so we can trade parts/engines and kits!
Old 01-28-2006, 09:59 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The only reason Just Engines cannot sell Moki in the US is because Jim Gerard got in his hair. Where is Jim now?
Old 01-28-2006, 10:06 PM
FlyingPilgrim

I don't know, but there must have been quite a urinating contest, as it seems there were some hard feeling when he quit handling the line. I think he felt "back doored" when others began selling the same engine under the Mark name.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:23 PM
JoeAirPort

You can get parts from justengines, just not engines. So to us yanks, he is justnotmokiengines.com.

ORIGINAL: FlyingPilgrim

What we need is one of you fellows in England to open up a black market channel for those of us in the states (for modeling only) so we can trade parts/engines and kits!
Old 01-29-2006, 06:10 PM
SLJ2137694
My Feedback: (33)

ORIGINAL: JoeAirPort

You can get parts from justengines, just not engines. So to us yanks, he is justnotmokiengines.com.

I just got an e-mail from Just Engines and although he did not make a specific comment I got the impression that he can now sell MOKI in the USA. I will have further conversations with them but it might now be possible to get the engines from him now. It appears that no one in the USA now sells MARK or MOKI.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:17 PM
JoeAirPort

I wonder how much a Moki 1.80 costs from him including shipping? Prolly ain't cheap. That Morris deal for a Mark 2.10 for $250 was a steal.

ORIGINAL: SLJ2137694

ORIGINAL: JoeAirPort

I just got an e-mail from Just Engines and although he did not make a specific comment I got the impression that he can now sell MOKI in the USA. I will have further conversations with them but it might now be possible to get the engines from him now. It appears that no one in the USA now sells MARK or MOKI.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:57 PM
mallenbiker
My Feedback: (43)

These engines are no longer being made. There is a small company ( remek ) in Hungary that supposedly will make production runs of the engines if paid in advance. But they don't make anything, which is why Dave Patrick and Morris don't seem to have enough parts.

Gerard imported over 10000 Moki's into the US, so there are still new ones floating around ( ex - www.chiefaircraft.com ) Gerard still holds the license to the Moki name, which is why the other US importers are selling them under the Mark label.

Dave Patricks engines are simply new old stock Moki's without the moki name. He anodized the heads and added extra shim to lower the compression so they can run on 15% nitro.

Some new old stock Parts are available from justengines in the UK, and new old stock engines as well. It's just not very likely that there will ever be future runs of new Moki's as the market demand for big glow engines does not support reviving production.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:26 PM
elmshoot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

[email protected]

Send an email to this guy. He has a hobby shop in KS and is a Moki expert. He knows about all the iterations of the Moki 2.10.

Sparky