Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

what's great about 4 strokes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 07:08 AM
B.L.E.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what's great about 4 strokes?

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

A 4-stroke is A Symphony
A 2-stroke is Rap
Ain't no big deal wearing my cap backwards when I fly my two stroke plane but I went to the hobby store looking for some bling to pimp out my two stroke plane and those wheels with free-wheeling hub caps were no where to be found.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:04 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would agree that maybe 4 strokes use more 'oil' than 2 strokes, but not more fuel. Well, not for me because I run Omega 15% in the 2 strokes that I have.

How about a 4 stroke is a S 2000
a 2 stroke is a Yugo
Old 03-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A 4-stroke is Majestic
A 2-stroke is A Peasant

A 4-stroke is Ballet
A 2-stroke is The Twist

A 4-stroke is A Symphony
A 2-stroke is Rap

A 4-stroke is Lady Godiva
A 2-stroke is Phyllis Diller

A 4-stroke is A fine Oil Painting
A 2-stroke is Etch-A-Sketch
Four Stroke is Indy
Two Stroke is NASCAR

Electric is go cart racing.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:11 PM
B.L.E.

A 4-stroke is Majestic
A 2-stroke is A Peasant

A 4-stroke is Ballet
A 2-stroke is The Twist

A 4-stroke is A Symphony
A 2-stroke is Rap

A 4-stroke is Lady Godiva
A 2-stroke is Phyllis Diller

A 4-stroke is A fine Oil Painting
A 2-stroke is Etch-A-Sketch

A 4-stroke is a bottle of fine cabernet sauvignon, a 2-stroke is a bottle of Thunderbird. If you just want to get drunk, buy the Thunderbird.

A 4-stroke is a Rolex watch, a 2-stroke is a Timex, if you just need to know what time it is, get the Timex.

A 4-stroke is a Browning Citori over/under shotgun with a hand checkered stock and fancy engraving, a 2-stroke is a pump shotgun with a synthetic stock and camo finish. The birds can't tell the difference.

A 2-stroke is a means to an end, a 4-stroke is an end to itself.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:28 PM
Bodge

A two-stroke is elegant engineering:
A four-stroke is an over engineered marketing device.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:46 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: B.L.E.

ORIGINAL: STG

The last 10 years there has been relatively little in the way of 2 stroke development for this hobby. On the other hand, the 4 stokes have been getting all the R&D money and now there are some real good power plants with very good power to weight.
True, but 2-strokes were already highly developed when 4-stroke engines were introduced. The first four stroke engines were kind of novelty engines that no one expected to be powerful, there was a lot of room for improvement. Then pattern rules were changed to allow 1.2 cubic inch 4-strokes to compete against .61 2-strokes and the 4-stroke horsepower race was on. Then they undid that rule and now there is a lot of attention being paid to 1.2-1.6 two strokes as well as LiPo/brushless motor power systems.

I think that if the pylon racing rule makers has opened a 4-stroke only racing class for .40 size engines, we would today have a line of 25,000+ rpm 4-stroke screamers that can only be used with 7 or 8 inch racing props. Did anyone hear that Ferrari doing the burnout during the Winter Olympics opening ceremony? That thing had a 4-stroke engine in it!!

------------

I hear that there are four cylinder inline four-stroke motorcycles of 250cc size that are made in Japan and China that redline on the street at 17k rpm. This is NORMAL operation for these bikes. I would love to have one for a while. I'd run straight exhausts just for the sound.

Your comment regarding the Ferrari, which I did not hear, unfortunately, made me think of the little 17k rpm motorcycles.