Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

What Kind of Fuel System is This??

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 07:15 AM
bruno-dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Kind of Fuel System is This??

This is an OS 120. Can anyone tell me anything about the pump and carb system on this beast? Have never had a pumped engine of any kind before. What is it likely to do to the performance or how much might it increase bhp? What is the inline fuel valve for? Hope some of you guys can laugh at my ignorance while enlightening me!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	59880_6383.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	37194  
Old 03-03-2003, 01:46 PM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default What Kind of Fuel System is This??

That is the stock Surpass II pump system. The pump really isn't aimed at increasing horsepower but is, rather, to provide a consistent fuel flow to the carburetor throughout the flight without the tendency to lean out as the tank starts to empty out. A side benefit of the pump is that the tank placement is no longer critical. You can mount the tank over the CG if possible to prevent trim changes as the fuel burns off.

I am not sure what the valve is on the fuel line. If I had to guess, I would say it is some sort of fueling valve.