Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Irving 1.5 Glow, 2.5 bhp???

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Sleekstreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Irving 1.5 Glow, 2.5 bhp???

Hey all you groovy guys, gals and fellow rc enthusiasts..My 7 year old was lucky at a raffle last weekend and won a new Irvine 1.5 glow engine...To my surprise, there was'nt any paperwork of any kind??? We tried searching the web with no luck except dimensions, RC universe product guide specs can't be accurate, because they list the shaft as 8-32?? (not).. Power output @ 2.5 bhp?? (weak)..On the only other site, www.ripmax.com, the power output is listed @ 3.5?? I was unable to find any specs, for recommended carb settings, glow plug, prop ranges, etc.. Does anybody have one?? What works best for you??? Any info will help.. Thanks for your time! Dan[8D]
Old 08-04-2007, 12:31 AM
rcdude7
My Feedback: (264)

Default RE: Irving 1.5 Glow, 2.5 bhp???

Your son won a very nice engine. I have one my self that I have not yet run, however I have run the 1.20 that is the same engine sleeved down a few mm.

Fuel - 0 or 5% nitro w/20% oil for sport flying.

Props - 15X10, 16X8, 16X10, 16X12, 18X6, 18X8, 20X6. BTW, I ran the 1.20 @ 9K on the ground w/apc 16X8. I would try a 17X8 with the 1.5 as I hear they do not like to be loaded with too much prop.

A os 1.60FX muffler bolts right on and bisson makes pitts type mufflers for this engine.

This engine is not going to be as strong as a 1.60FX or a Moki 1.5, but it's not too far behind either. Don't be concerned with H.P. ratings, they are meaningless.

The jetstream carb on this engine is one of the most precise metering glow carbs I have ever seen.

Try a OS A5 glow plug, worked great on my 1.20.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:52 AM
Sleekstreak

Default RE: Irving 1.5 Glow, 2.5 bhp???

Thanks RCDUDE7 for the info, I made a copy to use as guidline. Thanks again.. Dan