Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
 Who knows anything about an Irvine .36? >

Who knows anything about an Irvine .36?

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Who knows anything about an Irvine .36?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 09:37 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who knows anything about an Irvine .36?

Have a chance to buy an Irvine .36 and don't know much about it. Is it a sport engine or tuned for higher performance. Anyone know the usable RPM range of this engine?
Old 09-09-2007, 11:02 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Who knows anything about an Irvine .36?

Great little engine, I've got 4. Pretty tolerant of a wide range of prop sizes ranging from 9x6 to 12x5. Maximum safe RPM is 25K (yeah, I find that hard to believe too, must be with a toothpick) with the recommended range at full throttle in the 10K to 16K. On my first one, it got the most time on 10x6, 10x5, and 10.5x5 at around 12K. Can operate on FAI fuel to 15% nitro, (Ran 15% Powermaster), and used a K&B 1L plug. My first one has a terrific idle and great throttle response which is why I bought the next three. Plugs last a very long time, I average over 150 flights per plug. Pretty economical on fuel too if you use the throttle as needed. I usually go over 20 minutes on a 8 oz tank, but then the plane only weighed 4 1/2 lbs, while I fly it very aggressively. It was later replaced by the .39, and looks a lot like a K&B in the basic design.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who knows anything about an Irvine .36?

hello there, i have just got this motor out of my dads cuboard in the garage, he told me that the engine is for a helicopter and i wanted to use it for a plane, in a ats funfighter. they spoke about using helicopter engines before in there planes and that they go well with them. please could you tell me what the best prop is to use ?

much appreciated