Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

.15 engines

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 06:24 PM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .15 engines

I hust ordered a 40" lazy bee. It calls for a .15 engine. I was looking at a norvel .15. Any suggestions?
Old 03-27-2003, 07:05 PM
FrankC29

Default .15 engines

I have a Norvel .15. It's a great engine, I run an 8X3 on it and it screams. Does take some needle fiddling though, from one session to another(not that bad just a few clicks one way or the other), but overall I've been very pleased with it. I don' t like the way the muffler is held on though, rather than bolts it's a clip with O-rings. Tends to leak and is a loose fit IMO. If you want something more traditional with bearings and a bolted on muffler, easier to dial in, get the Magnum .15, but it probably won't be as powerful, the Norvels can be finicky but are hard to beat in the power dept, plus they're LIGHT.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:49 PM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

Default .15 engines

Thanks frankc. Anybody else?
Old 03-28-2003, 12:36 PM
TWINSTAR/NOMAD

Default SC 15 engine

Howdy

I have had lost of experience with the super custom 15 engine, loads of power and reliable, there also really cheep!, about £36 quid from our model shop.

If you live in the UK i can mail order one to you.

They are really good engines, I have 4 in a royal B17, never had one stop, and they sound great!

cheers

Andrew, from the rainy UK
Old 03-29-2003, 04:51 AM
MAKdaddy
My Feedback: (5)

Default .15 engines

I would recommend the OS 15 CV-A. Though it's a bit pricey, it is of typically great OS quality and has a much better carb then the Norvel so dead sticks and other reliability problems are not as bad. I also have a Norvel AME .15, and it is a monster in the power department, but the goofy muffler attachment and 'here nor there' carb have put this engine in mothballs. I usually run 8x4 APC's for all around use, 7x6's when I just want to scream...