Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Needle valve estension in a moki 1.35

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Needle valve estension in a moki 1.35

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 11:13 AM
niche
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needle valve estension in a moki 1.35

Hello all
I am finishing installing a moki 1.35 in a scratch built yak 54
For the cowl I am using a corsair's (rounded), bcause of the moki 1.35 needle valve is tilted 45° I am not going to be able to grab the needle for high speed adjusting, it will be far from the cowl's output hole.

Any suggestions?
I was thinking about just make a slot (to be reached by screwdirver) in the needle with a rotary tool but I am afraid it will be spoiled since the needle assembly is kind of confusing (two interacting parts).
I have red some posts on using plastic tubing glued with CA to the needle but people often say it will bring additional vibration and wear out the needle set assembly.
Other people suggest to use a remote needle, but I don'0t know how to install it and which brand will work fine in my moki/Mark 1.35, do I have to remove the original one and tap the seat and just move the needle? is that simple? if so how to tap it?

Thanks in advance for the attention paid, fist time I face a short needle in 15 years of hobby
Regards
Old 11-08-2007, 01:09 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Needle valve estension in a moki 1.35

To use a remote needle just open the original needle up enough to make sure the engine can get enough fuel.

Select a remote needle like this . . .
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEHK3&P=Z
Old 11-08-2007, 02:16 PM
bla bla

Indeed, and when you've bought and tried everything... why not try an extended needle from Moki![X(]
Justengines you send you one.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:25 PM
niche
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks w8ye
It looks like the way to go
One further question would be, any brand in particular?; any one (from a engine same size) will do it? I saw in towerhobbies a perry one
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDG58&P=7
I am afraid it's not ratched
Regards
Old 11-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Bob Yeager
My Feedback: (5)

Central Hobbies in Billings, Montana showed a needle valve extension kit in one of their recent advertisements. However, I am unable to locate the advertisement or locate it on their WEB site at the moment. It might be worth a telephone call.

I need an extended needle vale for a Moki 1.80. I have sent an email inquiry to Just Engines. We will see if they respond.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:30 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Besides buying the Moki needle with the extended end, some people did this . . . .

soldered a wheel collar on the end of the NV and put the extension into the wheel collar and used the set screw to hold the extention into the wheel collar

cut the head off a socket head cap screw and attached it to the end of the valve with JB Weld and now can insert a ball driver through the small hole in the cowl and have a very positive connection for adjustments. This is more positive (and safer) than using a screwdriver, which is likely to slide out of the notch when the adjustments are being made with the engine running.