Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

help os 70 motor

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help os 70 motor

i have two os fl-70 engine 1 to2 months old when i frist got them there is a spot in both of them that has like a loose spot but then its alittle tight but it feels like a rod is binding i have a third one and it does not have this feel..now one of them has a lot of oil all over the motor and has gotten all over the fire wall of the plane i have the vent lines hooked up right this one engine has gotten also to were it wont adjust out right they both don't put out smoke at all at full thottle but smoke at idle need help pleaseeeeeeeeeeee thanks for any help mike cabot arkansas
Old 03-11-2008, 05:08 PM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: help os 70 motor

Some of the Surpass II versions will not leave a smoke trail. I have two 91 Surpass II's and one does not smoke.

The one that's juicy must be leaking out the front bearing. Check to see if the crankcase vent line is plugged.

It would normal to feel a little resistance to trurning the crankshaft in certain positions because of the cam shaft raising the valves
Old 03-12-2008, 11:56 AM
My Feedback: (2)

I have but a very faint smoke trail off my 70, I do get a butt load of smoke on acceleration from idle in flight but since the transition is good, I do not worry about it. The fuel I use, well let's just say it is some of this and some of that but has plenty of Castor in it.

I do have short piece of fuel line on the crankcase vent but do not get much spray back from it. I do get a bit of carb spit back but I live with it.

Otherwise the engine is powerful and I enjoy its performance.

Cheers,

Chip
Old 03-12-2008, 06:25 PM

thanks chip o by the way we have the last name also