Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Engine choices??

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 03:53 AM
Dauntae

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Engine choices??

I have a dilemma, I am hoping to get a GP Revolver soon but I don't want to spend the money on another engine right now. However I also heve a Nitro models Bobcat with a OS 55AX and love it. NOW the issue. I have a Webra speed 61 just sitting and was thinking of putting it on the Bobcat, but I don't know how it will compare to the 55AX ...... They both have a 11x7 prop listed for them (the prop I use on the Bobcat with the 55) but what one will perform better out of the 2 engines. I just don't want to go through changind the mounting holes and all just to find out the bobcat will be slower. So who knows how the Webra will perform against the 55AX with the same prop.

Thanks in advance
Dauntae
Old 04-14-2008, 01:59 AM
Dauntae

Default RE: Engine choices??

Nobody has this one[sm=confused.gif]
Old 04-14-2008, 02:54 AM
DarZeelon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dauntae,

From the reputation of these two engines... The .61 Webra #1024 is a high RPM engine, running with the best of its day (10 cc late ''70s-beginning ''80s F3A pattern engines). This engine should spin the 11x7 at ~14,500 RPM.

The .55 is a bored and stroked .40 frame engine, that is more in its element with a 12.25x3.75W. It is designed more for mid RPM torque, although a suitable exhaust (JettStream/UltraThrust) can carry it into higher RPM numbers, with a suitably small prop.

The Webra puts out more HP and should give the pretty draggy Bobcat significantly better speed.

I believe the Webra may also be pretty light.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:16 AM
Dauntae

Thank you so much, Glad to hear it and just waiting for a little better weather to try it out now.

Thanks again
Dauntae