Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

TT Pro .61 idles but dies on throttle up

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

TT Pro .61 idles but dies on throttle up

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 07:22 PM
jchumley
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT Pro .61 idles but dies on throttle up

This engine has been sitting for a few years (filled with marvel mystery air oil). I am trying to get it to run now and it flip starts fine but only idles. If I try to throttle up, it increases rpm a tiny bit then dies. I have tried over and over. The settings are the same as the last time I flew it and it worked fine.

What should I check?

Jeff
Old 04-18-2008, 07:41 PM
JCINTEXAS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TT Pro .61 idles but dies on throttle up

Jeff,
If the engine was running good when you stored it, and the bearings are not rusted,
the problem is probably not mechanical. You may have a fuel draw problem caused by a blockage in the tank, fuel tubing, or inside the throttle.
Check the tank and all fuel tubing.
If the tank has been sitting for a long time, you should replace all the tubing.
Attach a piece of tubing to the fuel intake nipple on the throttle and see if you can
blow air through it when the throttle is open. If you can't get air through it, you need to disassemble the throttle and clean it...the tubing or jets inside the throttle.
Hope this helps.
Regards
JC
Old 04-18-2008, 08:16 PM
jchumley

Thanks,

I removed the tank and replaced the fuel and pressure lines but I didn't take the clunk line out and check it. It could be that. Too bad. THe tank is a pain to get out.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:41 PM
stang

Do the easy things first try another glow plug. When I use Marvel Air tool il this sometimes happens. Try running your engine a few minutes then throttle up.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:29 PM
jchumley

I think it just needed to work out the mystery oil. This morning it ran much better. It does seem to have a bit of a leak somewhere though. It is throwing a pretty good mist from somewhere and it died twice on approach today. I'm not sure where it is coming from but it isn't the tubing. I checked the carb o ring and it looks fine. The head is snug. The glo plug is a new OS 8. Any What is the next think to check?

Thanks

Jeff