Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Moki 1.35 problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 09:31 AM
alburman
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moki 1.35 problem

I love Moki Engines. I ran into a problem though that someone might be able to help with. I had a flame out and found that the idle adjustment barrell had rotated 90 degrees off center. The barrell was so loose that it was in danger of falling out. The "O" rings appeared good, but I replaced them anyway with some rings that fit the grooves. Although they were tighter, they still wouldn't hold adjustment. I ordered some moki seals but they haven't arrived as yet. Is there some kind of a sealer that has to be used when replacing these seals? Can anyone help?
Al Burman
Old 04-27-2008, 01:45 PM
JCINTEXAS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Moki 1.35 problem

Hi Al,
I have a new MOKI 1.35 which I haven't even put fuel in yet. Until now the largest engines I have had were .60s including OS, Webra, and Rossi.I invite any advice you might offer on break-in or operating tips on the MOKI. I'm putting it on a Balsa Nova 120 sport aerobatic plane and plan to fly it with PowerMaster FAI fuel and a 16X6 or 16X8 APC. Good luck with getting info on the problem with the idle adjustment barrel on your throttle. Perhaps there is something I need to do with my engine to prevent this same problem you've experienced.
Regards
JC
Old 04-27-2008, 07:49 PM
happypappy
My Feedback: (10)

Mine did that as well after an extended period of not running it. I think the O-rings needed to swell back up and create a tighter fit. They should do that once exposed to the methanol for a bit.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:29 PM
alburman

JCINTEXAS, Just run it rich for a little bit and then fly it. Either prop. The engine's a powerhouse. I use them in 1.40 size planes all the time.
HAPPYPAPPY, This particular engine was in use quite often. It hadn't been in storage at all. I will try soaking the idle barrell in methanol to see if it swells the rings though. Thanks, Al
Old 04-28-2008, 10:06 PM
alburman

Thanks Happy Pappy, I soaked the idle componant in fuel for a couple of hours and reinstalled it. The seals swelled up as you said and made the installation real tight. Just like new.
Al