Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

COMO .90 parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 10:24 PM
rszanti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COMO .90 parts

I've got a brand new COMO .90 and I need another needle valve. I realize the COMO was made by SuperTigre and have contacted Hobbico (ST sends you to Hobbico for the old parts) asking if they could provide, if not parts, at least part numbers but apparently they don't have any info on the COMO engines. So I was wondering if anyone has a parts list ?

I think the COMO used the same carb parts as the ST so if I can find a COMO list I may be able to do a cross reference. I also did some measuring - the COMO needle has 66 threads/inch (26 threads/cm) and an outside thread diameter of approx .087" (2.25mm). If someone has a older ST .90, perhaps they could tell me if the dimensions match. Thia is a needle with a 90 degree turn on the end and a separate nut that acts to tighten the needle.

I believe ST used the same needles for a wide range of engine sizes, such as the .35 through at least the .90 so it should be easier to find a needle if that is correct info.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Richard
Old 04-27-2008, 11:17 PM
rcdude7
My Feedback: (264)

Default RE: COMO .90 parts

This is what you need Richard: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...SM&C=GMG&V=HIG

This is a aftermarket ST/COMO replacement needle. The original ones are long gone.

Mike
Old 04-28-2008, 09:52 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

The above needle should work. If not you can get a spraybar and needle for a new ST 90. It should fit your old carb.

David
Old 04-29-2008, 05:31 AM
speedster 1919
My Feedback: (3)

Heres the deal. If you take out the old bent wire needle and remove the packing nut the new style high speed needle will work just fine used on the .34-4500 ST. I don't like the bent needles cause my knuckles get nicked , once in awhile.............
Old 04-30-2008, 10:58 PM
rszanti

Thanks. I like that needle at Tower hobbies, it's extra long and I need to cut off the bent arm and add an extension to get it outside of my cowl anyway. Should work fine.