Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Head screws + manual for older OS 91 Surpass

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Head screws + manual for older OS 91 Surpass

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 12:20 PM
tedev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head screws + manual for older OS 91 Surpass

This engine came with a warbird I recently purchased. While trying to take apart for cleaning one of the head bolts was messed up (it was too tight.)

Does anyone know the size of this screw? Looks like a 3.xx mm by 20 mm. Would it be the same as the ones used in the newer Surpass II?

Where can I find the manual for this engine? OS no longer lists it for download.

Thanks in advance

Ted
Old 05-01-2008, 12:50 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Head screws + manual for older OS 91 Surpass

The head screws are the same between the older Surpass I and the newer Surpass II

You can just use the new manual for you old engine. The running parts in the two engines will interchange.

The carb is the main difference in them

The glow plug is farther down in the head by 2mm on the Surpass II is the main difference in the head. The heads are not interchangeable because of the way the intake manifold attaches.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:28 PM
tedev

Thank you very much for the quick - greatly appreciated.

Now I still have to find the head screw for something less than $10 Tower charges (for the set though)...

Ted
Old 05-01-2008, 08:42 PM
LeeHop

A good hardware store - that's what you need.
I can take a damaged screw into my local store, say hello to the owners who also work there, spend as long as I need in the fastener aisle and usually find what I need.
Sure I pay a few pennies extra for the convenience - I think it's worth it.
And I can buy an ice cream sandwich to go with it! (Great general store atmosphere)

Sadly, this store is closing due to an unresolved spat between the owners and the city over rental trucks left out in their parking lot. It's a terrible loss to the city and I'm mad as hell about it so just don't get me started!

LeeH