Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Need help on a Saito 182 twin

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 08:41 PM
crashland 73
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on a Saito 182 twin

I am having problems getting my saito twin 182 to running correctly. I tried setting all the needles low and high evenly and that doesnt work at all. One will drop off or choke out or who knows. I have never had this much trouble out of any of my engines but this being a twin I can understand a little more task but man. One cylinder, the right hand one or the door side seems to be hotter and the left side cooler and running more smoke out of the pipe. One low end needle as it is turned in will slow that side down while the other side when I move its needle in it will raise the idle and sometimes it will just shut both down. I have an onboard ignitor but that was depleted pretty quick. I have it on my 1/4 scale cub and flew it twice today and both times a cylinder drops out. I believe different ones each time. I make sure they arent too lean too but even one click on the knob might make one die sometimes. It seems to me that I might have an air leak on the carbs the way it is erratic. Anyone have any ideas? When I bench ran it, it did great but on the plane and on the ground is a different story. I know that I have no air leaks in the tank or lines. This stuff is all new. Other than the engine which has been rebuilt from Horizon a few gallons ago. I am going to adjust my valves to just rule that out but that may not effect it who knows.