Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

saito 62 adjustment questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 12:08 AM
redvtr1000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default saito 62 adjustment questions

Got a couple questions regarding the adjustment of my saito .62

Engine is mounted in a tango 40, dx7 controlling everything, ds821s on all surfaces. Question is, how exactly do I know whether or not i've got the right low speed settings?

It's not straightforward though really, I have used the travel adjst feature to keep any binding out of play on the throttle and that leaves me with less than 100 on either side. Considerably less on the low side actually. I set it this way so I get an idle with full low stick about 2200 rpm or so and pulling the trim down will kill it. From the stock position, I leaned it out (turned the screw in maybe 1/2 to 3/4 turns). Transition seemed pretty good but I just really wasnt able to get a good idle with full low stick and endpoints at 100 on both sides no matter where the low speed was set. I've got a turboheader muffler from rc specialties and a 13x6 prop on it if that makes any difference.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:06 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: saito 62 adjustment questions

It may be a little new yet?

Did you screw in the low speed mixture needle any yet?

I doubt you will get a reliable idle much below 2200? Idle low enough to land and not creep on the ground is good enough.