Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Ys 140 Dz

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 07:11 PM
FlyHard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ys 140 Dz

Just got my first YS 140DZ and have a few questions. I am running Powermaster 30% Low Viscosity, OS F glow and a 18x8 Zinger.

At a wide open throttle it sounds like pre-ignition. Does not matter how much I open the high speed needle. I have tried adjusting the pump. The pump from the factory was about 1 turn in from flush. I get plenty of exhaust smoke. I am using medium fuel tubing and there does not seem to be any restrictions. I am using a YS check valve on the vent line to prevent leaking.

The throttle has to be at a mid setting to start. It will not start at idle. The idle is OK when running though I have not really tried to adjust it.

I am using a Dave Brown motor mount. The glow plug has loosened and it's hard to keep the Perf Spec muffler tight. Does this mount allow the motor to move too much?

With a 18x8 I am getting 8400 rpm's. The engine is brand new so I expect it will even get better. Is the 9000 rpm the upper limit(will bad things happen it I pass it :-( ). I see others using a 18x6w APC's and this should get pass the 9000 mark. I am looking for good thrust at low speed's.

BTW I posted this on the YS forum and did not get any response. Hope some one here can help it would be most appreciated. TIA
Old 05-29-2003, 08:24 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Nitro

Richening it up won't compensate for too much nitro. If it is knocking your plug loose, your about to destroy your engine. That engine has balls to the wall power without all that nitro. The vent line should be open to the atmosphere. No restriction.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:20 PM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Ys 140 Dz

30% is not too much nitro. Nitro content is not the problem. YS engines thrive on high nitro. So do OS 4-strokes for that matter.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:06 PM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Ys 140 Dz

30% is not too much nitro. Nitro content is not the problem. YS engines thrive on high nitro. So do OS 4-strokes for that matter.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:59 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Thriving

It doesn't sound like his is thriving on it unless the check valve in the vent line is causing it to run lean.