Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Help, the carb on my TT 46 is very stiff/stuck

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Help, the carb on my TT 46 is very stiff/stuck

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 08:13 PM
Backwing
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, the carb on my TT 46 is very stiff/stuck

The barrel that rotates to let more/less air into the carb is extremely stiff. I've tried lubricating it, but it doesn't help. The servo has a really hard time running the throttle, it practically can't it so stiff. And yes, it's the correct servo.
How do I remove this part, and how do I fix it? Is there maybe a bad o-ring or something in there?
Old 05-29-2003, 09:08 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Help, the carb on my TT 46 is very stiff/stuck

Originally posted by Backwing
The barrel that rotates to let more/less air into the carb is extremely stiff. I've tried lubricating it, but it doesn't help. The servo has a really hard time running the throttle, it practically can't it so stiff. And yes, it's the correct servo.
How do I remove this part, and how do I fix it? Is there maybe a bad o-ring or something in there?
Could be a couple of things. First had the engine sat unused for awhile where fuel may have gummed up. Next any debris get in? Crashed? To clean out the carb remove it from the engine. Remove the small set bolt ("G" on your part list for the carb) this will allow the barrel to be removed. Careful you don't loose anything like the spring. Inspect for rust or debris. Clean with WD 40 but then use Marvel Mystery Oil or air tool oil to lube and reassemble. Should be better. The Set bolt runs in a groove in the barrel as a stop at both ends of it's travel as well as preventing the barrel from popping out the carb. You really can't make it so tight that it pinches the barrel to restrict free movement. Let us know how you make out,Pete
Old 05-30-2003, 08:57 PM
Backwing
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a used engine, and it didn't come with a manual, but I trust who it came from.
I got the carb off, cleaned it all up, and everything seems to be fine.

Thanks for the help!
Old 05-30-2003, 10:19 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad to hear you got it fixed. The TT46 is a great engine. I love mine. Enjoy, Pete