Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Mvvs 150

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 03:30 PM
kadet
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mvvs 150

I am considering an mvvs 150 w/walbro carb. Does this engine come with the in cowl muffler? Is the fuel consumption really 1oz per minute, at full throttle, or is this a bit over stated? Any other info eg..(how you like your mvvs 150, or problems you've had) that anyone can offer would be appreciated.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:15 PM
jaka

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Mvvs 150

Hello!
The MVVS 1.50 (25cc) ABC engine is not manufactured any more ...the 26 cc ringed and side exhaust engine has taken over.
But I have a few of the 25cc MVVS as well the 20cc for sale if you want one...with steel silencer included.
These engines could be had with the 13mm No 3221
butterfly valve carb.
I have one of the 25cc MVVS with this carbs in my SIG CAP 231 EX (ARF model) and it hauls it with no problem at all (hovering and going straight up is no problem using a 18x6 Menz wood prop.
The sound is very quiet with the steel silencer, quieter than a SA ITO 1.50 or 1.80 so the sound is much more suitable to the model than using a four stroke...and no put put put as some gas engine sounds like.
The silencer is a bit restrictive though so I welded on a second 11mm steel tube on mine to let the engine breath more easily.
During my 2 years of flying this model the engine has never stopped! It idles at 1800-2000rpm. It's very reliable and it starts with just two or three flips on the prop ( Yes I hand start it)
Fuel used is 15% synthetic oil (Motul "micro) French racing oil brand, 5% nitro and 80% methanol.
Glow plug is Enya 3.

Regards!

Jan Karlsson
Airracing Products
Distributor for MVVS in Sweden
http://hem.passagen.se/airracing