Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Moki 1.35 Performance

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 12:24 AM
BunkerHill
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moki 1.35 Performance

Im considering a Moki 1.35 for my Dynaflite PT 19. Does anyone know how this motor performs compared to others in the same general size range. I want the airplane to fly scale if possible.I really don't wish to be way overpowered ,and I certainly don't wish to be under. The Moki will allow me to have hopefully a strong engine without cutting the Cowl
Old 06-02-2003, 12:19 PM
bla bla

This engine will have no problems flying the aeroplane, but it's the wrong choice/type of engine in my opinion.
A Zenoah G26 would be perfect, a dream combo for a scale subject like a PT19. Nice big prop, low RPM and sound... cheap fuel/zero maintenance...and plenty of power...does it get better than that?
Think not.
Old 06-02-2003, 01:44 PM
BunkerHill

Default G 26

I agree the G 26 would be nice. The only thing that bugs me is cutting the hole for the carb in the side of the Cowl. I know it sounds silly but that to me sticks out like a sore thumb. I might get over it and reconsider the G 26 ,I really like gas
Old 06-03-2003, 12:05 AM
Azcat59

I'd vote for a 120 Webra or Thunder Tiger glow engine. Large prop, decent torque, no high pitched 2 cycle whine. Pitts muffler needed if side mounted.

Clair
Old 06-03-2003, 02:19 AM
Meschmidt
My Feedback: (15)

Default Moki 1.35/ PT-19

The Moki 1.35 is a high reving engine to get the pull. You would have to use a 16x8 or 17x6 prop. May be a little too much speed for scale. Moki's are great engines but take forever to break in and are fuel hogs till fully broke in. I agree that a g23 or g26 is the way to go because a 16oz tank will give you a 20 minute flight which is worth the hole in the cowl. If you really want to go all out scale, go electric but costs more initially. Paul
Old 06-03-2003, 05:42 AM
bla bla

The Dynaflite PT 19 isn't a true "Super Scale" model so don't worry about making a hole in the cowl... just do it... you will LOVE the little Zenoah over the MOKI.
I can say that because I have both and as stated before, the Moki is the wrong type of engine for this aeroplane.

For future reference, JAG do a real nice Ryobi 31cc conversion... and that has a rear carb and exhust! Perfect for some scale applications, I have mine in a 1/4 scale Moth and nothing breaks through the cowl.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:53 PM
BunkerHill

Your right I will go with the G 26 when I can come up with the money and when they are available again thru Horizon Thanks for your input Lee