Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

two engines on one fuel tank?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 03:23 AM
canadianjosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default two engines on one fuel tank?

Hey i was wondering, is there any way to run two engines from a standard Dubro fuel tank. I ask because the engines would need to be to run at different rpms and i am wondering about tank pressure.
Old 06-02-2003, 03:54 AM
djlyon

Bad idea. Makes it difficult to get proper needle settings for either engine at all rpms. Also the tank is generally to far away from either engine for proper operation.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:44 AM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bad idea....I agree....the fuel lines would be about
a foot long. The engines would certainly run better and
be alot less hastle if the tanks were mounted direcly
behind each engine....

....however, it would be possible....if pumps were used
on both engines.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:16 PM
canadianjosh

How much would pumps cost?, I am using this on a twin engine air boat, and actually my previous design used one tank behind each engine, I used 2 8oz. tanks and got about 18 mins per run at around full throttle the entire time. As you can see this put 16oz of weight way up above the hull and increases the tendency to flip. I was looking into a design that would have one puller engine and one pusher engine with one tank, all mounted in a line.
Old 06-03-2003, 03:34 AM
Airbike
My Feedback: (6)

You can run a Perry Oscillating pump (same as Varsane Products) which operates using the pulse from the cylinder as its firing.

In one of my applications, I am using the pump on a Saito 100 four stroke (works on two strokes also) to pump the fuel from the CG located tank. But I added a little 2 oz header tank right behind the firewall to give even more reliability against air bubbles during extreme manuevers.

Works very well.

I don't know if this will work, but you might try this before buying the pumps (approx $30 +/- ).
Try installing one large tank down low in the hull and then use two clunk lines or a larger diameter clunk line with a tee fitting. These will then feed separate header tanks (maybe 2 oz) behind each engine. Run both muffler pressure lines to the main tank and tie all connections with soft wire or zip-ties. Hopefully, the main tank would become pressurized enough to keep feeding the two header tanks. If not, add pumps to this setup and it should be workable.
Good luck.