Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

OS 70 Surpass II, Break in, Props

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 04:48 PM
Allen_Penner
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 70 Surpass II, Break in, Props

anyone have a goot brea in procedure and prop recomendations for this motor on a laser 3d. I just cant seem to get the top end right. tnx
Old 06-05-2003, 11:23 PM
bobbdd

Default O.S. 70 Surpass II

Great engine. What do you mean about the top end. How much have you run it?.......You should break it in just how it says in the manual. Maybe a little extra oil in the fuel. I run this engine on a Freestyle with a 13X6 prop, and it will hover at 3/4 throttle or less. It really turns this plane into a monster. What size is the Laser ?

Bobbdd
Old 06-06-2003, 02:12 AM
Walter D
My Feedback: (16)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like above, 13x6, I run it on Cool Power 4 stroke fuel, just run it rich for the first 1/2 gallon of fuel, gradually ask a little more of it, fly around, after the first gallon it will purr like a kiten, superb engine, one of those set it and forget it types. Rich running at the top end is the answer.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:24 AM
bobbdd

Default Yes Cool Power

I also use cool power. I looked up that Laser, you will be driveing a monster machine, if you put the O.S. 70 in it. !!!

Bobbdd
Old 06-06-2003, 11:05 AM
Allen_Penner
My Feedback: (4)

thx, i was way way way to rich on the top end so i leaned it out to the point where shes still rich but flyable. Plus she was over proped with a 13x8 and with all that pitch the prop was stalling in a hover. The laser is a 50 - 60 sized plane with a 46 stamp on it.

P.S. Also running Byron 15/20. Dont particularly care for this brand, whats your opinions?
Old 06-06-2003, 11:29 AM
bobbdd

Default Fuel

I always use Morgan cool power or the Morgan Heli fuel with 3-4 % castor oil added. You can get your LHS to order you a bottle of pure castor from I think Morgan fuels. A few people will say don't use castor in Four strokes, but others will say you must have at lest a small percentage of castor. I have been using this mix, and not had any problem the past two years, and that is running a Magnum 30 FS, Satio 40 FS, O.S. 52 FS, O.S. 70 FS

bobbdd
Old 06-06-2003, 08:57 PM
PatinIdaho.
My Feedback: (3)

How does the tower hobbies 4stroke fuel compair?. They say it is approved by os.

Pat
Old 06-08-2003, 12:46 AM
bobbdd

Default I never used tower fuel

.........People,magazines, my local hobby shop, all say don't use any fuel, if the maker will not list what is in it ! Unless you fly quite often, the fuel is not your biggest cost, buy the good stuff !

bobbdd