Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

3-Blade Props-Do they tend to be more out of balance....

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

3-Blade Props-Do they tend to be more out of balance....

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 02:27 AM
BHunn3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3-Blade Props-Do they tend to be more out of balance....

than a two blade prop. I never tried a 3-blade before. But I have a Mejlak that came on a Saito 1.80. the engine vibrates like crazy. I have another 1.80 with a two blade prop that does not vibrate near as much. Is this normal for a 3-blade or do I just have a hugely out of balance prop and spinner. The 3-blade vibrates so much I'm afraid it will ruin the plane. Comments please.
Old 06-07-2003, 04:55 AM
MAJSteve
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3-Blade Props-Do they tend to be more out of balance....

I use a few 3-blade props to keep the noise down and actually like them better (except for the price).

I use a teter-totter balancer (dubro I think) that uses a cup that screws into the prop and a needle that sits on the table. Easy to find out which of the blade(s) are heavier. Its a little tricky, but you can do it when you take your time. Mine run nice and smooth after they're balanced.

I use Master Airscrew props.