Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

My G23 keeps dead-sticking... Any ideas?

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

My G23 keeps dead-sticking... Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 07:01 PM
stop_the_spam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My G23 keeps dead-sticking... Any ideas?

I have a G23 on my 1/4 scale H9 Ultra Stick and it keeps dead sticking on me after a few minutes of flying... I'm using the Medium yellow GAS fuel line, stock fuel tank (With the gas stopper). The gas tank is about 3-4 inches back from the fire wall. I've got about 6/8 of a gallon through it now. I don't think my fuel lines leak air, but it does appear to have some air bubbles once and awhile...

Has anyone else had a lot of dead sticks with their new G23 as well? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Adrian
Old 03-25-2002, 07:08 PM
Take off

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi only a gess, but when i'v had simalar problems in the past it has been down to the clunk stuck in the tank. They can bend back on themselves. This problem only shows up as you get a 1/4 way through the tank of fuel. It must be worth a quick look.

Hope this helps.

Paul
Old 03-25-2002, 08:45 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default G-23 quitting

Make sure that you have not hooked up the vent line to the carb fuel inlet fitting.

Also, check to make sure that the fuel line has not slipped off of the fitting inside of the fuel tank.

If the vent line has a kink in it, the engine will run for a while and then quit due to fuel starvation.

Most likely the problem is something simple as we have described. Be diligent and I'm sure you will find the problem.

At what rpm are you trying to idle the engine?
Old 03-25-2002, 09:45 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another thought!!! I also had a problem with a G-23 stalling on me after a short run. I had some local people comment on the fact the the engine was very difficult to turn over -- it was very tight. It turned out that that was not due to compression, rather it was a bad prop hub assembly. Hobby Services replaced it. I haven't used it since because I turned around and mounted an OS FX 1.60 on the Ultra Stick. Once you put one of those on that bird you don't look for another.