Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Intake stack?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake stack?

hey guys,

Ihave heard from people that you can buy your Saito an intake stack/ velocity stack to stop it from spitting out the huge amounts of fuel it spits from the carb, making it save you more fuel.I have searched for the stack and found it, but i cant find a picture of the velocity stack inside. How does this stack help the fuel from spitting out? how the mechanism work?.. also i've heard it gives better air/fuel mixture giving the engine a little better performance, is this true??.

thanks,

William
Old 05-30-2009, 08:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Intake stack?

William, not all Saito's have the stack, It's called an Intake Velocity Stack and it is #93 on the parts drawing. It is basicly a flared extention of the carb mouth. If you will tell me what model engine you have, I'll check my parts listing to see if your engine has one avaiable.

The four strokes commonly spit back through the carb The Veloicity Stack does two things. First it is just long enough that this spit back is contained in the carb. It also gives a more linear air flow though the carb. O.S. is now putting them on their newer engines also. I fit one from the new 56a four stroke to my O.S 52 four stroke, it will fit the Magnum 52 also. THere is one for the other A series and they probably will fit the old engine that the A series replaces. They do keep the engine compartment clean. I'm not sure they improve the preformance noticably, but they don't hurt it eaither. If you can fit one to your engine, by all means do so.

Don</p>
Old 05-30-2009, 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Campgems

William, not all Saito's have the stack, It's called an Intake Velocity Stack and it is #93 on the parts drawing. It is basicly a flared extention of the carb mouth. If you will tell me what model engine you have, I'll check my parts listing to see if your engine has one avaiable.

The four strokes commonly spit back through the carb The Veloicity Stack does two things. First it is just long enough that this spit back is contained in the carb. It also gives a more linear air flow though the carb. O.S. is now putting them on their newer engines also. I fit one from the new 56a four stroke to my O.S 52 four stroke, it will fit the Magnum 52 also. THere is one for the other A series and they probably will fit the old engine that the A series replaces. They do keep the engine compartment clean. I'm not sure they improve the preformance noticably, but they don't hurt it eaither. If you can fit one to your engine, by all means do so.

Don</p>
Thanks for the info! My engine is a Saito FA-100. So the stack has nothing inside, its just a longer extension? Because my saitoo spits like 6 inches up,, when I have the cowling off and prime the engine the fuel falls on top of the right wing of my Harrier 3D 90. This is messyyyy!

Thanks,

William

Old 06-01-2009, 10:13 AM
My Feedback: (2)

I've used the velocity stacks on both the Saito 72 and 115 engines. The stacks seem to help with the fuel mess issue but don't eliminate it completely. I didn't notice any performance increase at all. YMMV.
Paul
Old 06-01-2009, 10:58 AM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The Saito 100 Golden Knight does not come from the factory with a velocity stack and you will not find one listed in the parts section of your owner's manual.

But you will find that the intake stack # SAI50GK93 is a direct fit bolt-on installation.

You will need a intake manifold Oring to go between the stack and your carburettor.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have to look up the engine, then go to the parts listing from the engine page to find the stack. If you just do aPNsearch, it won'tfind it.

It shows the stack as a SAI12093 for my 150S even though the iinstruction manual I have shows the number as 15093. Humm is the carb on the 150S different from the one on the 150GK??

Don
Old 06-01-2009, 12:47 PM

Don't understand why the confusion and consternation about the intake velocity stack.

For the Saito 45S through Saito 115 there is only one stack that will fit.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=SAI50GK93

It has a Saito 50 part number. The saito 100, 115, and 125 Golden Knights (black engines) do not come from the factory with a intake stack and if you go looking up these size engines you will never find the intake stack. You can bolt the above stack directly to these engines but some people claim that the Saito stack reduces power on the 125.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:54 PM

The big block Saito engines all come from the factory with a intake stack whether they are silver or black

Saito 120 and 150 intake stack
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=SAI120S93

Saito 180 and 220 intake stack
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=SAI18093

Old 06-01-2009, 04:31 PM

WiLL 3D,
      Check out the Saito Club thread. lots of info, and help from Saito owners.

EJ