Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

saito 45

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 01:02 AM
scalebldr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default saito 45

may need to dissassemble and replace rear bearing in my saito 45,no longer have instructions .can someone provide me a copy of the dissasembly and reassembly instructions as well as the valve clearences for a used engine.have not dissassembled a saito but have done os four strokes just do not know the timing process on the saito.thanks for youir help.
Old 07-03-2003, 01:19 PM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito 45

RCM Magazine has a very good Saito engine hand book available thru them. It will get you thru the process, cam timing is a problem w/out some guidance. Good luck
Old 07-03-2003, 02:51 PM
scalebldr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default saito 45

any one with a copy of instructions they can scan and e-mail me with would be appreciated.
Old 07-03-2003, 07:33 PM
The PIPE

Default Down here in the BAY STATE, I've got some info I can scan for you...

Dear Scalebldr:

The PIPE here yet AGAIN-and since I've had a Saito 45 in THIS plane (soon to be replaced with a Saito 56 I already have for MORE power)...

my model of OLD RHINEBECK AERODROME's Fleet 16B Finch Canadian biplane, I DO have MANUALS on the Saito FA-45 for your needs!

I'd have to know if your engine is one that's SO old that the cylinder head actually BOLTS ONTO the cylinder itself...that's how old MINE is...or if you've got a "Mark II" version with the now-"regular" all-in-one cylinder and head together.

Just send me an Email letting me know just WHAT version of the Saito FA-45 you've got...and I'll scan it up, convert it to JPEGs, and send it along! (Dont forget to include YOUR Email address, so I'll know where to send it!)

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE!
Old 07-15-2003, 02:26 AM
jwl
My Feedback: (4)

Default Sweet Bipe

Pipe...............
Your picture just reminded why I love old Bi-Planes so much.
Especially listening to the 4 stroke purr away while you bank those old dual wings over head.

When you are ready to let that classic go, Im first in line to buy it.

Jeff