Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Help. Can't start engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 12:11 AM
My_RC Car
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help. Can't start engine

I am trying to start a thunder tiger .21 pro in my schumacher fusion, and if i can get it started it will just die really quickly. I have been able to get it started but when i take the igniter out, it dies again, what should i do. I am still trying to break it in. I got it started before for an idle, but now it won't start
Old 07-05-2003, 12:22 AM
BotleRocketWar

Check the glow plug and put in a replacement if you have one. Check all the fuel lines and replace them if you have extra. Make sure the tank is tight and make sure the needle valve is out at least 2.5 turns to start with...Read all your manuals.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:23 AM
Gone to a Higher Plane
Banned

It sounds like you need a new glow plug if it dies as soon as you take the glow battery off. It is not uncommon for it to eat a few plugs getting broke in. Get the engine instructions for that motor and see what it said about break in . Make sure you have the correc t fuel and get someone to help you through the break in process.
Old 07-05-2003, 05:37 AM
My_RC Car
My Feedback: (1)

yea i will change the glow plug out, but i couldn't find any break in instructions in the manual it just says run rich for 2-3 tanks, which is pretty vague.
I found this site, but I just wanted to make sure this would be a good way to break in the engine, so if ya'll could look at if for me it would really be appreciated!
http://www.geocities.com/rcntrucks/nitro_engines.htm
Thanks