Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Break in of Moki 210 redhead???

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 11:09 AM
3d_racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Break in of Moki 210 redhead???

I just bought a brand new Moki 210 redhead with 2 needle(1 remote) and BCM pitts muffler but without the manual instruction. I tried to break it in with cool power 15% and Zinger scimitar 20x10. But it didn't cycle like a 4 stroke engine, I put the needle in the carb waayyy out like 3.5 turn and the remote needle about 1.5 turn but found the engine was making strange noise becoming hot and didn't put out any oil residue from the muffler. After about 300cc I quit the engine and has not started it yet again.Please help me with the correct way of breaking in Moki engine because nobody in my area has any experience with Moki yet Any help is greatly appreciated :thumbup:
Old 07-05-2003, 11:31 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Fuel

I'm going to recommend what works best in my MDS 2.18, 5% nitro and 20% oil that is half castor and half synthetic. A friend and I trid to run it on 10% nitro and 16% oil and it did the same as yours is doing, it got hot and sounded terrible. Now that it is back on the 5% it runs great again. Is the Moki a ringed engine? If you can't set it to run at a rich fourstroke setting just run in the 4,000 to 5,500 rpm range for an hour or so, it won't overheat because of the low speed and light loading.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:17 PM
3d_racing

Thank you for the info hobbsy, I think I can find some Byron fuel with 5% nitro in my area somewhere, i don't know if it has 20% oil synthetic or castor, but I'll experiment. I don't know for sure if Moki is a ringed engine but I think it is. I will try to run it again when I get the 5% fuel, I will pay more attention to the engine temperature this time with temp gun to make sure it doesn't overheat.
Old 07-08-2003, 02:59 PM
tonyc
My Feedback: (4)

Default Moki break in.

Use a 20/8 prop to break in.
Keep RPM to 6000 at full open. Do this by having a rich setting.
Use low nitro, 5%, or NO nitro, 0%. 20 % oil, 1/2 castor.
Run the motor for short periods, 3 minutes, let it cool down and run it again. Do this for perhaps the first 8 to 12 runs.
Lean in the motor and see if it can hold higher rpm. If not keep doing the 3 minute routine.
When it can hold a steady RPM you should be good to go.

On a broken in Moki, I use No nitro, 0%, and 15 % oil, 4 % caster and 11 % snythetic. Moki 210 likes the 20/8 Prop.

hope this helps

tony
Old 07-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Luke 3D returns

the instruction say no nitro, and 20% oil, which must not be synthetic.