Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

My first 4-stroke.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 08:46 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My first 4-stroke.

i bet he lets you have it for 80.00 since it's Xmas and all , and like Minnflyer said , That motor is one of the best mid size 4's ever made .

good luck !

Dan
Old 12-24-2009, 12:51 AM
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Insanemoondoggie

I agree, the Magnums are great engines. The newer ones seem to have come up in power . I just broke in my new Magnum.91 and am very pleased with it and my others also.

I buy and fly Sanye four-stroke engines (ASP, Magnum, SC), but they are not in the same league as OS Engines.

On the other hand, most of my four-stroke powered models are floaters (lightly wing loaded models) that do not demand high power levels for their displacements. Also, if the engine doesn't throttle like an electric motor, it really isn't important. Nor is it important if the engine quits occasionally before it runs out of fuel. On models where those characteristics ARE important, I use OS, Enya, or YS.

Ed Cregger

Old 12-24-2009, 08:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My post does'nt have one word in it cutting down O.S engines. or any other brand for that matter. Some of you guys are really out there.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don`t think it was ment like that. OS is more refined in the looks, it is simply more beautiful up close. Powerwise there no difference between a ASP/Magnum .91 FS and the OS .91 fs. I actually get a little higher reading on my ASP .91 fs than two of my friends OS .91 fs`s. For others it might be the other way, but it is still about identical and none of my ASP/Magnums stop until out of fuel, like my OS, YS, MVVS..........

Any engine that suddenly quits for no apparent reason has some faulty in itself or the tank set-up that needs to be adressed

Anyway, merry christmas to you all
Old 12-24-2009, 08:46 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Just to update.... I purchased it last night for $200.  I guess it is a fair price as it looks far better than the others that I have seen used.  Now I just need to get a fuel dot and she will be ready to fly.  What kind of fuel dot's do you guys recommend? Or how do you have your setup's when most of the engine is inside the cowling? Thanks for all of the reply's and PM's!! This is one great community here.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:42 AM

I usually setup my tanks with 3 lines, if muffler pressure is used: 1 to carb, 1 to muffler and 1 to refill, which I plug with a simple screw.
Fill the tank slowly and with throttle closed and you won't have any problems.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:19 AM
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: Patxipt

I usually setup my tanks with 3 lines, if muffler pressure is used: 1 to carb, 1 to muffler and 1 to refill, which I plug with a simple screw.
Fill the tank slowly and with throttle closed and you won't have any problems.

What size screw is it? im also guessing fine thread...?
Old 12-24-2009, 10:39 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Any screw that fits snugly into the line will work. So will a golf Tee, a piece of brass tubing that has been glued or soldered shut, etc.

But any fuel dot will work, brand doesn't matter much
Old 12-24-2009, 10:43 AM

saito 82a swinging 13x6 prop in my GP EXTRA 300s :-) I wanna swap all my 2 strokes out and put 4 strokes in now!
Old 12-24-2009, 11:03 AM

I still believe there is a place for a good 2 stroke..4 strokes, I've had very good luck with Magnums. Personal preference, I would rather have the new Magnum, with a twoyear warranty than a used OS for $70 more dollars. Just My 2 cents worth.

ORIGINAL: Jlinde37

saito 82a swinging 13x6 prop in my GP EXTRA 300s :-) I wanna swap all my 2 strokes out and put 4 strokes in now!
Old 12-24-2009, 11:23 AM
My Feedback: (2)

My first four stroke was an Enya 53, great engine. The model was a SIG Kadet with a Cline fuel system on it set up for long cross country flights. By the time I got the set which I learned to fly on, the big cross country tank had been removed but the Cline was still there. Flew the hell out of that plane, learned to fly and move on. Regretably, I sold the set and regret it. That was one great engine.

Cheers,

chip