Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Carb for Gemini

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 03:03 PM
fenderjw
My Feedback: (83)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb for Gemini

The carb is on my OS Gemini twin is now history after a crash. Since repair parts are no longer available for this engine (this is the original Gemini twin, not the Gemini II), does anyone know of a replacement carb that might work?

Thanks
Jim
Old 07-08-2003, 03:56 PM
BillHarris

Default Carb for Gemini

It is my understanding that the two-needle carb used on the FT160 Twin is a direct replacement. Might even be a better replacement since you'll do away with the old air bleed carb.

You could email OS/Tower or post an inquiry in the OS Engines forum.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:00 PM
fenderjw
My Feedback: (83)

Default Thanks

Thanks sir, but the 160 carb is not a direct replacement. ( I have one and I thought of that also). The 120 Gemini is different from the 120 Gemini II and the 160 Gemini. The newer enginse use two bolts into the crankcase to secure the carb, just like the newer four stroke singles. The older Gemini that I have has a screw throuth each side of the intake that actually screw in to the carb body itself. THanks for the suggestion about the OS Engines forum though..

Jim