Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

What Perry Pump goes on HB .61 PDP?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 01:11 AM
Vbuynfly
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Perry Pump goes on HB .61 PDP?

I have a new in box HB .61 PDP (Perry Directional Porting).
The instructions say a perry pump backplate and perry pumper carb can be added to the engine. Does anyone know what kind of Perry pump parts numbers will fit this engine or where I can find out?

I have a perry pumper/carb setup for a Veco .61, same as K&B.61.
Does anyone know if this will fit? I don't want to go disassembling engines just to find out they don't fit due to inner clearances to the crank/conrod position and have to redo the gaskets.

Thanks, Vince.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:26 AM
proptop

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Vince, I think the carb. will fit...It's easy enough to check that, but, I think you'll have to use an external V-30 pump. They work just as well as the backplate versions, and are only $27.00 from Tower. Are you sure you can't get the backplate off w/o ruining the gasket? I've made my own gaskets out of card stock, shirt cardboard, and Permatex, etc...But like you said, the dimensions are probably different...
Old 07-16-2003, 01:29 AM
proptop

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Forgot to mention, the reason for the external pump...They don't make the backplate versions any more...Maybe you could post a thread in the "Wanted to Buy" section?
Old 07-16-2003, 02:00 AM
Vbuynfly

Default Advice appreciated

Thanks proptop, sounds like a good idea. Vince.
Old 07-16-2003, 02:05 AM
DerFly

Default HB61 Pretty Damn Powerful

As this engine stems from the old Veco 61 design, I am almost certain that the Veco/K&B pump will fit the HB also.

I do have a pumped HB but to give you any meaningful measurements, I too will have to remove the pump. I am sure you will understand when I tell you that the fastest answer you"re going to get is by comparing the backplate of your HB with your K&B pump.

I have attached a pic of my HB in the condition I bought it in. Has since been rebuilt. Incidentally, Gary Conley can still rebuild the backplate pumps with new parts.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	94205_5585.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	54057  
Old 07-18-2003, 02:56 AM
Vbuynfly

Default Measured Backplate

Well, I measure the backplate and the K&B backplate is smaller than the HB plate by about 1/16 of an inch from bottom left screw to bottom right screw. No way they will interchange. Guess I will have to post on the parts forum for someone who has an original HB backplate pumper. Thanks for all your help guys.Vince.
Old 07-19-2003, 02:38 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Here is the back side of a K&B back plate W/O & W/Perry pump. The pump model is made a little different as you'll notice. On the outside it has a "V" at the top which I assume stands for Varsane?

I've thought of making one myself using a standard K&B backplate and shrinking a Perry pump into it using a spacer ring?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	94920_479.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	54058  
Old 07-19-2003, 10:16 AM
Vbuynfly

Default pump pics

Thanks for the pics, very cool. Gotta get me one them thar digital cameras. Since posting I found a perry pump in the box, but it is for the K&B as well. Once again thanks for the support. Vince.