Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Spraying Clearcoat On Solartex

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Spraying Clearcoat On Solartex

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 09:35 PM
sw74gls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spraying Clearcoat On Solartex

Hi Guys I have just finished Spraying small areas of my Fuselage, Wings, Tail, & Fin with Solarlac Paint now ready for Fuel Proofing with Clearcoat. Do I spray the whole model with Clearcoat or just the areas that have been Painted ????
Really appreciate your advice please??
Old 02-27-2018, 07:28 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

When I did mine I used Towerkote primer before painting. It is fuel proof. No need to fuel proof Rustoleum, don't know about Solartac. And since is it white it matched the Solatex just fine.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:27 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I've used a number of different clear coats on Solartex though I've had the best results with automotive 2 part polyurethanes. I did a couple of airplanes with Lusterkote spray cans and had good results but that is no longer available. I don't know what spray can product I would recommend these days though I have used Rustoleum clean on small parts with good results. Though Solartex is fuelproof as is, it tends to get dirty looking and dull if not topcoated. I spray the whole plane when topcoating.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:08 PM
sw74gls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you ill Spray the whole model then , Thanks again for your help!!!