Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

finding a record breaker

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

finding a record breaker

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 08:55 PM
expeditionx
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finding a record breaker

Does anybody know where I could get one of those record breaker planes? I used to hang out with some guys at the local flying strip. And I noticed this little plane that looks like the playboy which he said was a record breaker. I guess it is supposed to only weigh 1 pound and the guy was using one of those 0.49 engines to get it in the air, then after the engine dies you see how long you can keep it up in the air. Sounds pretty cool to me. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks for looking.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:37 AM
CoosBayLumber

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: finding a record breaker

Most of the Record Breakers noted in old magazine were for rubber powered flight.
The glow and other powered aircraft did not get as much ink past the 1960's. I think Jim O'reilly and Tom Hunt have been most active into reproducing what you may be interested into. They both retail repro-kits, on web sites. I know Bob Holman cuts wood for them too.

The situation here, is that S.A.M. is very large and organized. Any member could cite off the back of their minds an aircraft you may be thinking of, howver their interest dies at 1950. Thus if you are interested in something after that, you are going into the region of radio control and that is yet another group.

You need to talk with free flighters.

Wm.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:12 AM
Gollywock

Could it have been a scaled down version of this? http://www.benbucklevintage.fsbusine...#recordbreaker Jim
Old 01-21-2005, 11:22 AM
expeditionx

Yeah that looks like it. I think it had a 4ft wing span, or something around that figure. and powered by a cox 049 with two Chanel.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:22 PM
Gollywock

If you go to http://www.bmjrmodels.com/catalog.cfm?ID=Texaco it will explain a little about the type of flying you're interested in. The 'Rambler' (further down the page) is an outstanding flyer and might be close to what you have in mind. Jim
Old 01-21-2005, 01:01 PM
expeditionx

alright! this looks like I what I am looking for. THANKS