Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Cloud Dancer

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 01:33 PM
rkrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cloud Dancer

I was looking on Ebay for 70's pattern kits and came across a couple of Ace Cloud Dancer Kits. I've never seen one other than the picture on the box. It looks quite similar to the current Gp's Super Sportster. Anyone had experiance with both ? I really like the 70's style planes but enjoy updated building techniques.

This may have been brought up before, but isn't someone missing the boat (ie great planes) by not introducing a "classic kit line" ? Judging by the the prices that some of the older kits go for, there appears to be some interest. Most of the current kits contain plastic which I can do without.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:13 AM
wwskinn3

Default RE: Cloud Dancer

I've seen several comments on the ACE ARF Cloud Dancer in both the 40 & 60 size. I plan to pick up one this weekend. I have a spare .46 and .61. I haven't decided which one to get yet but from what I saw they are really build well and I 'ver heard they fly well. They were given 5 stars on the ratings for flying. I don't know about the kits but I would assume if build well they would fly just at well. You didn't say how much the kits were but the ARF's are $149 & $189. If you build it please post so I review. Walt Skinner
Old 06-24-2005, 12:33 PM
kdheath

The Cloud Dancer isn't especially old. The plans by Fred Reese were in RCM in 1995:
http://www.rcmmagazine.com/e/env/000...=plans:PL-1197
Ace kit was released the following year, IIRC. Like all of Fred's designs, a really nice sport/aerobatic plane. I think it might well outfly the Sportster.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:54 PM
jlingrel

I just finished builing a Fred Reese Cassutt 1/4 midget. Plans were great and it was easy to build Going to try to fly in in the next week. I am going to order those plans in the last post. Nice looking airplane

John