Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Vintage Proctyor Jenny Kit

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Vintage Proctyor Jenny Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 08:07 PM
FUN IN THE SUN
My Feedback: (151)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vintage Proctyor Jenny Kit

Good afternoon , I have several kits that I am selling as part of the estate of an old friend. I have the following and need to get some info. ( year ) and value of on them . Any help will be appreciated . I have pictures of boxes I can e mail . Thank you.

# 1 Prfoctor Curtiss JN -D2" Jenny " . Upper wing 87.23 inches , lower wing 67.87 inches , .60 2 stroke or .80 4 stroke .
# 2 V K models Sopwith F.1 Camel , wingspan 56 inches , engine .60 to .70 2 or 4 stroke . Box says from Gary Parker ( proctor enterprises & Forest edwards.
# 3 Royal Kawasaki Ki. 61 Hien , wingspan 681/4 inches, engine .45 to .80
# 4 Royal Junkers JU 87 D- 5 Stuka. Wingspan 71inches, engine .60 to .80
# 5 Also have a vintage Kraft radio system . Gold metal case , open gimble's. Has KPS-9 written on the box it is stored in .
Old 03-22-2005, 10:11 PM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Vintage Proctyor Jenny Kit

These are all desirable kits. Proctor is especially known for incredable, very scale and beautifully appointed kits.
As to the Jenny it is a rare kit having only been in production for about 2 years. The designer of the plans withdrew his permission to use his plans because he feared product liability suits.
The Royal kits have recently been discontinued, They were made by Marataka of Japan. The price of these had been going up steadily for several years. They were last handled by Hobby Barn.
I'mn not going to quote what the stuff is worth as I really can't give an accurate value. I will say that a Proctor Jenny did go for over $900.00 a few years ago. will you get that , I really can't say. It is a buyers market and if someone wants it badly enough well you never know.
Good luck,
Dennis

Oh the VK Sopwith is still in production. That kit was taken over by Proctor when Vern Kriebel retired.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:25 AM
Mike Denest
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the Proctor web site for current prices of the Jenny and Camel. They are currently in production so it won't be possible to ask more than what the manufacturer retails them for. As for the Royal kits, eBay is the best barometer. They will usually sell at very good prices. You can also check eBay for the Proctor/VK kit prices.

Old 03-23-2005, 08:38 AM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike, I stand corrected on the Jenny. It's been a long time since I've checked on Proctor as I have a few of their planes to complete. Glad that the Jenny is back in production
Dennis
Old 03-23-2005, 09:52 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Proctor Jenny goes for $4-500 used. Never heard of any going for $900. Maybe ONE did, once. Then people say "oh, that's what it's worth!" Well...it was...ONCE!
The VK kits are nice but quite common and generally go for $175-200.
The Royal Stuka SHOULD be good for about $200, but right now, there is something of a Royal Frenzy, as they are now totally out of production, and people have paid (a few) some very high prices for them. You never know. Hobby Barn has ONE Royal/Marutaka kit left, a Stuka. $199.
The radio is pretty worthless. Unless it is a single stick or a six meter band, count on only $20 for it. Just how that goes. Old Kraft radios are a dime a dozen.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:49 PM
FUN IN THE SUN
My Feedback: (151)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good morning Gentlemen
I thank you for taking the time to respond to my request for availability , mfg. & value information on the Royal & Proctor kits. I have been researching the auctions but I was not aware of the Hobby Barn . I will check with them for current info. ..
I was trying to find a site ( for vintage kits ) that would be like the Vintage Engine collectors . You have been a lot of help .. Thanks again and have a Nice Easter ... Fun In The Sun ( except this week - WET , COLD & DREARY )