Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

"Tiger Shark" airplanes wanted!

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

"Tiger Shark" airplanes wanted!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Avaiojet

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default "Tiger Shark" airplanes wanted!

The Tiger Shark is really Vintage. Dating back to 1938.

I'm interested in purchasing Tiger Shark model airplanes.

Model Builder did a construction article in 1982, in April.

Great informative article loaded with real 'Vintage" stuff.

Check it out!

Charles

[email protected]

Old 11-12-2005, 08:21 PM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: "Tiger Shark" airplanes wanted!

The Victor Stanzel Co. is still making a kit for this plane. Deemed the first c/l kit:

http://www.stanzelflyingmodels.com/F...iger-Shark.htm
Old 11-12-2005, 08:42 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Not "still making". New old stock. Actual, real live kits made back in the forties, unsold. At an incredible bargain price. GET ONE.
Also, they have all sorts of cool Electromic Flying Toys, I have the Astro Jack/Space Bug combo in a box above my desk, they are awesome, my four year old daughter loves it. Buy something before they run out.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:11 PM
Silvaire
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I once had a small ARF freeflight "jet" airplane that has a rubber bladder inside the fuselage. It was made by the Victor Stanzel Co. There was a can of liquid propellant that you filled it with, and this provided thrust when it escaped out the nozzle in the rear. When I was young (about 40 years ago in the early 1960's) I sprayed some of the propellant on a green tree leaf. I was amazed when it turned white and froze! I always wondered if this was the evil and ozone depleting FREON R-12, or perhaps something similar?

(Not meaning to hijack this thread too far afield, but this is the only mention of this company I have found, and I thought someone might be able to answer this question that has been simmering in the back of my mind for lo these many years...)

Arlen
Old 11-12-2005, 11:25 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Yep, it is. And I think you can still get that one...and the Freon...from Stanzel...
Old 11-13-2005, 12:13 PM
Avaiojet

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I should explain that I already have one Tiger Shark framed up. That is, I scratch built the fuselade and tail feathers.

I drew my own scale plans for the fuselage.

I'm using a Sig wing that I modified to the "oval" wing of the Shark. Actually changed to exact scale. Span is 72".