Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

My Smith Miniplane

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 11:16 AM
svo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Smith Miniplane

I bought the airframe from the "for sale" section on here about a year ago. It was built up, fabric covered and painted. It appeard to have been built a long time ago and hung up as a display and was never flown or even had servo rails installed.
When I recieved the plane, it had some hangar rash and the paint was yellowed some.
I finally got around to cleaning and patching it all up, and finishing it out.

I put an os 91 surpass on it, 14x8 prop.
Radio is Multiplex evo9, futaba rec. and servos
It came in kinda fat at 6 lbs 12 oz.
Flew it for the first 2 flights the other day and I couldnt have asked for it to fly any nicer.

Had it at a fly in yesterday and was about to fly it and noticed fuel leaking. It ended up that the fuel tank was leaking at the stopper and it got into the wood pretty good.
So now i've got more work to do.