Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

KRAFT CHANNEL MASTER INSTRUCTIONS

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

KRAFT CHANNEL MASTER INSTRUCTIONS

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 04:19 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default KRAFT CHANNEL MASTER INSTRUCTIONS

Hi,
I recently acquired a Kraft channel master tx module and receiver but no instructions,looks pretty simple to use but would like a set of instructions .I f any one has them and can scan them for me It would be appreciated
Old 10-04-2009, 07:33 AM
CJrc
My Feedback: (99)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KRAFT CHANNEL MASTER INSTRUCTIONS

Good morning,

It has been several years since you were looking for Kraft Channel-Master instructions. Dod you ever find any?

I just picked up a reciever and wonder if there is a key to operation. I did not get the xmitter module but I do have a Kraft FM transmitter whould should make it work but no luck yet.

Craig Journey
919-639-5864
[email protected]
Old 10-04-2009, 08:10 AM
aerowoof

i am not sure as I never got any instructions but back when these came out we were only allowed to use even channels and only ch 12 then 38 thru 56.I do not know if any of the odd or in between channels work or if a mod needs to be done to make them work
Old 10-04-2009, 10:59 AM
CJrc

Thanks for the info. My FM transmitter is on CH 40. Reciever looks OK, no physical dammage, but won't play!

Thanks you again for the answer!

Craig
Old 10-04-2009, 06:41 PM
gzkpez

I have used a channel master in the past. It would work JR receiver, so I do not know if that makes it positive or negative type of FM. Also for some reason I could not work the FM Kraft receiver with any transmitter I had irregardless of whether I transmitted in the negative or positive mode, even though the other transmitter would work the above JR receiver.

There were some mods made on the one I used to make it more reliable and it was gold stickered for narrow band. I believe the one I used was updated by Kraft Midwest, I am unsure if they are i
n business. I know Radio South will still service it.

I will look through my stuff and see if I can find the instructions.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:54 PM
CJrc

That is good info. I fly both JR and Futaba so I understand this positive vs negative shift stuff. Kraft I had always assumed was the positive shift like Futaba. Your experience would hold that not to be true so let me look at that issue and see wher it goes.

Many thanks again,

Craig Journey DBA
RC Wings and Things
919-639-5864
See my full inventory at:
http://www.swampsrc.org/links.shtml

Old 10-05-2009, 09:00 AM
glasair

As I recall the channel Master channel 40 is blocked out for some reason, may be the way it was designed. Also Kraft had their own way of tuning their transmitters and receivers. Check with Tony at Radio South.
Joe
Old 10-05-2009, 09:12 AM
CJrc

Joe,

You have been a great help! I did find that my JR transmitter worked! It is interesting that the Channel-Master is lower sideband while the standard FM Kraft system on channel 40 is an upper sideband unit. I guess I live and learn!

You do not have the transmitter module for the Channel-Master by any chance? If so would you like to sell it? I am a collector of sorts for the old Kraft stuff and this would complete this set for me.

Craig
Old 10-05-2009, 02:15 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe glasair is right about ch 40 blocked in the tx module. I have never had a problem with the channel master and regular Kraft FM rxs. I believe the 72 FMs are positive shift the AMs on 72 are negative shift.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:02 PM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: CJrc

That is good info. I fly both JR and Futaba so I understand this positive vs negative shift stuff. Kraft I had always assumed was the positive shift like Futaba. Your experience would hold that not to be true so let me look at that issue and see wher it goes.

Many thanks again,

Craig Journey DBA
RC Wings and Things
919-639-5864
See my full inventory at:
http://www.swampsrc.org/links.shtml

I believe Kraft and Jr are FM positive shift and Futaba, Ace, and Hitech are FM negative shift. Since I fly FM with Kraft (Bicentenial '76 SS) and Ace (MP8000 SS) Transmitter's I have been using Hitec Supreme IIS 8-Channel FM Autoshift DC Receivers. I also have been flying the last 2 seasons with a Futaba 7C Fasst system that works great.

Bruce
Old 10-05-2009, 04:10 PM
landeck

ORIGINAL: TFF

I believe glasair is right about ch 40 blocked in the tx module. I have never had a problem with the channel master and regular Kraft FM rxs. I believe the 72 FMs are positive shift the AMs on 72 are negative shift.
AM receivers do not have positive and negative shift; that is for FM systems only. All AM receivers are are compatible with all AM transamitters. FM receivers are either positive or negative shift. All negative shift receivers are compatible with all negative shift transmitters, e.g. Futaba, Hitec. Same applies to positive shift radios. Auto-shift FM receivers work with either and adapt to the shift pattern of the closest transmitter on their frequency when powered up. And example of an auto-shift receiver is the Hitec Supreme IIS 8-Channel FM Autoshift DC Receivers as I mentioned in the previous post.

Bruce
Old 10-05-2009, 10:36 PM
TFF

I thought the Proline receivers were positive shift on AM?
Old 10-06-2009, 07:04 AM
landeck

ORIGINAL: TFF

I thought the Proline receivers were positive shift on AM?
AM is neither positive or negative. IIRC, the Proline receiver generate a pulse opposite that generated by other system's receivers in the signal sent to the servos. This made its servos incompatible with other systems and other system's servos would not work with it.

Bruce
Old 10-06-2009, 01:20 PM
aerowoof

landeck is correct in the signal pulse being opposite of all other am rx
Old 11-12-2009, 03:28 AM
john schicker

Hi i now it could be a slim chance but would some one have a Receiver channel master Lying around in there collection of kraft stuff king regards john[sm=confused.gif]
Old 11-14-2009, 08:41 AM
aerowoof

john schicker

contact me via email .
Old 11-15-2009, 09:23 PM
john schicker

ORIGINAL: aerowoof

john schicker