Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

kaos with a attitude

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 06:22 AM
Falcon6667

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kaos with a attitude

I have had several of these 60 an 40 size, but never liked the roll rate. So i built one with a electric power supply an did away with the strip ailerons an build rather large barn door type. it really is a joy to fly. Thought i would share.

Falcon
Old 01-30-2009, 07:35 AM
RFJ

Default RE: kaos with a attitude

Falcon - you should post this one on the RC Universe Classic Pattern forum together with details of equipment used. Lots of Kaos fans there who would be real interested.

Ray
Old 01-30-2009, 11:22 PM
hallstro

Great idea! We would love to learn more. Come on over.

Dave
Old 01-31-2009, 01:05 AM
codiddley
My Feedback: (4)

That my friend is what I call "high art"! That is a fine looking model, and I really like what you have done with it!

I too am a Kaos lover, and I have had the same qualms with the roll rate. When I rebuilt mine I added 25% to the rudder and elevators, and I wish I did the same to the ailerons. The larger surfaces made it a great deal easier to fly at slower speeds and higher angles of attack. I have gotten mine down to walking speed, and it was more stable then many of my 3D planes.

What power system are you using? Batteries? Amps? AUW?
Old 01-31-2009, 06:49 AM
Falcon6667

Its a Utter Chaos 40 kit from "Bluejay Airplane Kits", its with bat 3lbs 13 oz..power 32 turning a 12x8 with castle speed control, 4 cell 2100 pack. I don't know how to size down the pic. so I cant add any build pics. If anyone wants ill send them e-mail to them.
I have 6 flights on it an Its surly going to be my go-to plane. Its got great slow speed, an at 1/2 power you can fly anything you want, its big enough to be seen yet light enough to keep in tight.
Falcon