Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

OS FS-60 value ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 08:11 AM
fejetmech
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS FS-60 value ?

I have 2 FS-60 's that are in great condition and recently test stand run and tuned would like to know what they are worth.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:14 AM
glowplugboy
My Feedback: (17)

Default Not a bad investment...

For NIB open rocker .60's, I have sold them on Ebay for as much as $350.00. Pristine used ones will sell up to $250.00 . I would say the average price for NIB is about $300 and nice used ~ $175.00. However, get a serious collector or two who are bound and determined to buy it, and the prices can skyrocket!
Regards,
GPB
Old 06-09-2003, 11:27 AM
MRem65

Default Depends.....

It should be noted that the prices indicated above would be for the most desireable, "billet" head and carb version. There were two "billet" versions, one more valuable than the other. The much more common "cast" head and slightly downward angled carb versions would be worth substantially less, even to the collectors. Value is also contingent on condition and completeness, which is to say actual "NIB" is worth considerably more than "LNIB".
Old 06-09-2003, 02:09 PM
glowplugboy

Default I agree completely...

I agree with your comments completely. The machined billet heads fetch top prices, and are getting harder and harder to find NIB. However, I have sold some of the cast head versions for nearly as much when NIB.
Regards,
GPB
Old 06-09-2003, 07:39 PM
fejetmech

Default OS FS-60 value ?

How do I tell if its the billet version. or the cast.
Old 06-09-2003, 07:56 PM
glowplugboy

Default The billet head and carb are machined...

... from barstock, so they will have a very definite "machined" look to them, that is, the head and carb body will be very shiny and precisely angular, whereas the cast heads will be more flat in color (maybe even gray), have a cast metal appearance, and will have only had machining done where it is necessary, for instance at the rocker arms, glow plug threads (head) and on the carb body at the venturi.

Perhaps MRem65 too, can shed further light upon telling the difference....
Old 06-10-2003, 10:40 AM
MRem65

Default Billet Head and Carb

Here is a picture of my barstock FS-60. Note that the carb is strait out the back, and the head fins are a bit taller. There are also some more subtle differences, but the picture should help greatly.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	85255_17184.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	49858  
Old 06-10-2003, 08:58 PM
fejetmech

Default OS FS-60 value ?

Thatz awful pirty, no my engine is not machined its cast. hope I can get 150 ea for them on ebay. thanks