Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Royal Corsair Kit (.60 scale)

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Royal Corsair Kit (.60 scale)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 04:39 PM
Glorystomper
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal Corsair Kit (.60 scale)

Hey guys,

I'm looking for one of those discontinued vintage .60 scale Royal kits of the F4U-1D Corsair..

The "problem" is, I need one that is complete NIB *and* collector's grade (ie. packaging is MINT and has no insect/water damage, packing tape, stains, etc etc).. how difficult would it be to find one in such condition? I'm a little weary of the horror stories from Ebay, but have only seen 2 of the Royal kits up for bid anyways.

If any of you have any leads or suggestions, please let me know

Cheers
Old 07-28-2003, 10:28 PM
DerFly

Default http://www.hobbybarn.com/airplanes_marutaka_kits.htm

Does this help?

Note on all Marutaka kits:

These kits are the same kits that used to be imported by Royal. They are all balsa builders kits. No fiberglass. Spun aluminum cowls are provided for those kits with round cowls. Others are built up balsa. Dimensions and engine requirements are as shown below. Retracts are available for most that require them.

Canopies and cockpit kits are available for some kits. Call/E-mail for more infromation.

All kits come with plans and instructions. Click on "Kit Description" for kit contents and comments on the instructions.

http://www.hobbybarn.com/airplanes_marutaka_kits.htm
Old 07-29-2003, 01:18 AM
Glorystomper
My Feedback: (1)

Default Royal Corsair Kit (.60 scale)

Yeah, I am considering getting a Marutaka as well.. but wanted a mint Royal kit to satisfy my 'collector itch'