Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Top Flite P-47 .60 size

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 05:49 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Top Flite P-47 .60 size

Bax, I am assembling my P-47 and on page 32, step 31, it says to cut the lower flap skins from a 3"x30" sheet of balsa. The problem is the flap template is wider than the balsa sheet. On the template you can see a projected line indicating the edge of the balsa sheet. Shouldn't the sheet be wider? It makes no sense to me. This is my 2nd one of these kits and it was a few years ago for the last one and I'm not sure but I think I used a 4" sheet I purchased. Is this just an error in the directions that needs to be corrected? Thanks.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:32 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite P-47 .60 size

I checked the plans. The template shown for the upper flap skin is 3 inches wide at its widest point. A 3-inch wide piece of balsa should do the job. After all, the edge of the "Taper Line" is where the control surface will eventually end, after you sand the sheet so that there's a smooth taper aft of the flap ribs.