Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Question about Great Planes Mechanical Retracts .60

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 11:54 AM
gregoryshock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Top Flite Mechanical Retracts

Hi I'm new to mechanical retracts. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...EARCH=TOPQ7950 I'm curious how does the locking mechanism work? The directions in that came with these in my ARF kit wasn't very clear. I want to know how to know for sure that when these are down they are locking for sure. The other day I was test taxing around and one of them collapsed and when I removed the wing I found that the servo horn was broke! The only theory I can come up with is that they weren't locking or came unlocked. I have the servo installed and the servo horn put on in the position that my T.F. manual showed me.

Last edited by gregoryshock; 09-05-2016 at 01:01 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:29 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The gears use a slider and a V-block, where the arms of the V are 90-degrees apart. The slider moves and pushes the arm of the V one way or the other. When the slider is over to the end of its travel, it prevents the V from moving. If the servo will move to the end of the travel for the gear, the gear will positively lock. If the servo can move off that position, then the gear may not be locked in position and could collapse when weight is applied.