Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Dynaflite Talon T.E. ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 10:37 PM
WORNBOOTS
My Feedback: (33)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynaflite Talon T.E. ???

Wing assembly

first steps show to locate TE stock 5/16 X 1 1/4 X 24

I have two 5/16 X 1 1/4 X 24 but they are not tapered TE as plns show, or is it intended to be that way? Just curious as the plans refer to laying them 90Deg. side down.

Instead of trying to sand the taper I will visit my LHS for a set tomarrow, but wonder if this has been mentioned before or is just a factory error on the way the come?

Thank's
Old 06-10-2004, 10:08 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Dynaflite Talon T.E. ???

There is no mistake in the materials supplied. You would normally shape the aileron as needed. Use of a plane to shave the raw stock to shape is the most common way, with final shaping done with sand paper.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:58 AM
WORNBOOTS
My Feedback: (33)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dynaflite Talon T.E. ???

Thank's for the clarification on this, Bax

EDIT:
I went to the online manual for the Talon
And it clearly shows TE stock to be shaped using a planer & sanding bar. 'as You pointed out'

It seems I have a much older version as my manual and plans both only refer to sanding the STE (sub trailing edge) to match the TE contour and show a profile pic aswell. L7 ?? on plan and in the manual.

If My manual had the mention of the razor plane and marking the TE for desired shape, I would not have posted my above question.

Thank's for the nice feature of the online manuals, Sorry I did'nt check first.