Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Great Planes Pete´n Poke problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 10:41 AM
morwan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes Pete´n Poke problems

I have bought a Pete `n Poke kit from my local dealer here in Norway. I have built many Great Planes kits before, and i have been satisfied whit the kits. Flying and construction have been great.

But when i was building my Pete `n Poke some problems came up about the Wing struts.

I used the templates on the drawing to make the struts, but when i measured the height of the struts (on the drawing, of the side of the airplane) they were not the same length as the templates for the struts.
I also did another measurement on the (drawing of the rear strut) rear strut, and these were also another length?

What is correct? I have already cut my struts as showed with the templates.[X(]
Old 06-25-2004, 10:56 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Pete´n Poke problems

The wing struts are for static display only, which is why they are called "static" struts.

You would make the struts per the written instructions in the book. There isn't full-size template on the plans sheets, just a few rough diagrams to show the relationships. Per the instruction book, you'll have to custom-fit the struts onto the airplane after you have the wing properly-fitted and installed onto the cabane struts. It's a custom installation, and the exact dimensions can't be give in the instructions or on the plans because different modelers will wind up making their models with slightly-different dimensions.

Basically, you install the struts for appearance, and if they look OK to you, they're fine.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:30 PM
morwan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wing struts are for static display only, which is why they are called "static" struts.
I need to make something clear. I am NOT talking about the static strut. I am talking about the Main Wing strut, as you call it in the Instructions manual.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:33 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok, we understand. Just ignore the front view. It's apparently one inch too tall. The side view is correct.