Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

1/3 GP 330L Canopy Repair

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 12:08 PM
splais
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1/3 GP 330L Canopy Repair

Bax,

I got myself in a pickle. Real dumb thumbs trick and dropped my canopy (1/3 GP 330L Extra. I have a circular 50 cent piece size crack in both sides of the canopy. I am looking for some suggestion on how to repair. Something to fuse the crack so it will not fall out or get anyworse. Do you have any ideas: CA, Epoxy, Acetone? []
Old 11-22-2004, 04:05 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 1/3 GP 330L Canopy Repair

Short of buying a new canopy, there are a few steps you can try.

First off, where the crack ends, you'll have to drill about a 1/16" hole. Do this at the very end of the crack. This is called "stop drilling" and is needed to relieve the stress at the end of the crack.

You can then stabilized the canopy with a glue such as DuraTrax "Shoe-Goo". This is a thick adhesive that will stick to the plastic and remain flexible. You can also use clear silicon caulk. These are ugly, but effective.