Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Top Flight P-51 .60 canopy

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 12:23 PM
bhole74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Flight P-51 .60 canopy

I was wondering why the canopy for this kit comes in 2 pieces but the replacement is a one piece according to tower. I have no intentions of installing a sliding canopy and to make it worse, the two parts do match up worth a darn. Shouldn't cutting the canopy in half be left up to the modeler? I suppose I'll have to shell out a few more bucks for a 1 piece that I can actually use.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:16 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Top Flight P-51 .60 canopy

We're not sure where you would have read that the canopy for the Top Flite Gold Edition P-51D comes with a two-piece canopy. The kit has a one-piece canopy, and is shown as such on the plans and in the instuctions.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:30 PM
bhole74

Mine HAS a two piece canopy, both halves came neatly wrapped, seperately, in tissue paper.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:37 PM
bhole74

By the way Bax, are standard servos enough for this bird or should I upgrade to high torque servos in the tail/ ailerons. I plan to use a Saito 100. So far, total weight is 4.5 pounds ready to cover with retracts installed (minus radio equip. , engine, canopy).
Old 02-16-2005, 10:43 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The kit packing plant for Great Planes is immediately adjacent to this office. The Top Flite Gold Edition P-51 .60-size only comes with a one-piece canopy. If you purchased your kit from another modeler, then they may have cut it. We'd not know where a 2-piece canopy would have come from.

Standard servos are strong enough for this airplane unless you're going to "trick" it out for speed or plan on doing a lot of aerobatics. Most flyers, though, usually go with ball-bearing servos, at least.